[Stoves] Please help locate people

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 23 07:35:40 CST 2017

Stovers,

I am trying to reach each of the men named below:   Zhang, Durix,
Baskoro and Dong.  associated with a recent (undated, but probably
late-2016) conference presentation:

> TOWARD UNIVERSAL ACCESS TO CLEAN COOKING
> INDONESIA CLEAN STOVE INITIATIVE
> Prepared by
> Yabei ZHANG (Task Team Leader)
> &
> Laurent DURIX (Co-Task Team Leader)
> Presented by
> Yohanes Iwan Baskoro
> Biomass Energy Promotion Practitioner
> at 2016 Forum of Renewable Energy Promotion in Developing Countries
> Beijing, People’s Republic of China
The chairman of the Forum was Dr.  Renjie Dong

This is an extremely interesting and valuable 27-slide PowerPoint
presentation that I read last night.  I am trying to determine the
following:

1.  Is this presentation available on the Internet?  Will it be, by whom?
2.  If not available, can I have permission to place it at one of my
websites and announce its availability?

3.  What are the email contacts for these men?
4.  Who has access to the data / results that are summarized in the
presentation?  Especially, who has control of the results of the testing
of the thirty stoves (out of over 50 stoves submitted) that are reported
in slides 18 to 22?

5.  Of the 30 stoves tested, 14 are shown with results on slide 19. 16
others were not reported.

6.  In particular, on slide 22, is the following:
"The cleanest and most efficient stoves could not be made available [in
Indonesia's RBF - Results Based Financing - incentive program] (too
expensive for international and production issues for the Indonesians
[stoves])"

7.  In my opinion, this is extremely valuable data, paid for by the
World Bank and others, that have not been released, not even (as far as
I can determine) to the companies that had a stove in that group of
16.   That data should be released, at least to the companies that
submitted stoves.

8.  Note:  On slide 19 showing the 14 included stoves, the price range
is from ~US$ 8.50 (two stoves) to ~US$ 17 (five stoves). Clearly, any
stove costing more than US$20 was virtually excluded, regardless of its
performance.   For many of those "international stoves", merely the
shipping costs could have made them non-competitive in the Indonesia
program.   NOTE:  This is NOT a criticism of the Indonesian efforts,
which actually should be highly commended.

9.  And now as of 2016, we know from the Deganga Case Study (
drtlud.com/deganga2016 ) that a TLUD stove that costs US$32 at the
factory in India (no international shipping charges in this case) can
actually be sold to many thousands of people for only $15 in projects
with carbon credit assistance.   With carbon credit assistance, that
stove could have been a major participant in the Indonesia efforts, and
could have begun production in Indonesia by now.  Lost opportunities.

So, please help me get the cited presentation available for all of you
to read, and to have clear contact with the people in Indonesia who can
provide the requested data.

By the way, the presentation also has extremely interesting information
about Indonesia's LPG stove project with 54 million (by 2012, so now
maybe 60+ million) packages of stove and LPG cylinder distributed for free.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com