[Stoves] Off-topic: McDonalds to avert a million DALYs a day in India (news item)

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:35:24 CST 2017

Dear Ron:

Cooking for commercial purposes can surely be done on "better biomass
stoves", no?

Or are you denying such a possibility?

Oh, dear.

I wonder if your strict adherence "*to helping people develop better stoves
for cooking with biomass fuels in developing regions." *is a reason this
ideology has failed the people in developing regions, so they turn to
alternatives?

My rough estimate is, the entire increment of cooking energy requirements
as a result of population growth -- about four billion babies born in the
developing regions from 1965 to 2015 and surviving past age 5 - and growth
in food intake per capita has been met by fuels other than biomass.

While some five billion people have continued with biomass fuels as their
primary cooking fuel, contributing - as our friends at GACC, EPA, WHO and
other propagandists claim - to hundred millions of premature death over
this period. (If the numbers don't seem to fit, please note that my
previous sentence is about babies born; most of the population growth in
the world since 1965 has been due to delayed deaths, not a rise in gross
numbers of birth, especially after 1980).

Keeping their heads in the smokey fireboxes - and tinkering with water
boiling, extending the fiction of emission rates into aDALYs and climate
harm - has not produced "usable" stoves.

"Clean" and "usable" are contextual matters. I am afraid  you haven't yet
given us the service standards for a stove, and the objectives of "better
stoves".

Nikhil

---------
(US +1) 202-568-5831