[Stoves] Various WBT equations; A matter of principle

Bond, Tami C yark at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 19 17:55:08 CST 2017

Hi Crispin,

Just to clarify, I am not saying that one should wait for any ISO standard, nor promising that you or any country will agree with it. The standards process takes quite long and it’s wise to have ways forward before it concludes.

I did say that within the working group I (and you) participate in, the criticisms of efficiency are being aired, and that I support discussion of those critiques.

I don’t want to get too much into the past process because we have only the choice to go forward yet learn from the past.

Any work done, including yours, may inform the development of future documents or standards. Ron requested positive suggestions for ways forward. I hope to see some and I think I have seen some, including your suggestions for testing protocols. Positive proposals have a much better chance of gaining traction than critiques of existing methods.

I would remind everyone who has an interest that in the final ballot, each country has one vote— no matter how many experts are appointed to its technical committee— and, at least in this realm, the way to support or reject any particular thing that you like or don’t like is to interact with your national standards committee’s representatives.

Regards,

Tami