[Stoves] Various WBT equations; A matter of principle

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 05:19:19 CST 2017

Dear Tami,

" In 9 days, I will be at the ETHOS meeting with many of the people with whom you have been arguing.I shall report back to this list whether ANY of them agree with your position."

That's a great idea, that will be indeed really useful.

Yes, I may have missed something but I haven't heard much support to the
WBT, at least not on this list, while Crispin has been very vocal. The
critiques on the WBT have never been discussed by people who think the
WBT should be used.

It'd be interesting to know what the people of the Lima consensus think
about the WBT now, years after the Lima consensus. There's been a lot of
water under the bridge.

Let's have the discussion, let's answer the questions that may remain on
whether or not it makes sense to use the WBT protocol.

"On the chance that an error has persisted for decades, why then,
urgency to examine it is greater, not less."

That is so true. It is a difficult decision to take, but the sooner we
take it, the better. Waiting will only make things worse.

Best regards,

Xavier