[Stoves] Steam cooking (Re: Frans)

rongretlarson at comcast.net rongretlarson at comcast.net
Thu Jan 26 22:08:26 CST 2017

List cc Nikhil:

----- Original Message -----

From: "Traveller" <miata98 at gmail.com>
To: "Frans Peeters" <peetersfrans at telenet.be>
Cc: "Discussion of biomass cooking stoves" <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 8:32:07 PM
Subject: [Stoves] Steam cooking (Re: Frans)

Frans:

Thank you for bringing up steam cooking. Is "ambient steam cooking" different from "pressure steam cooking"?

Liquid/gas fuel stoves with pressure cookers transformed the lives of about a billion cooks so far.

I cannot say the same of biomass household stoves, but it should be possible.

I find your "1 kg wood = 4 kWh" incomprehensible. That's just energy content. Delivered to pot, who knows?

I think the bigger point is, even a biomass stove that facilitates use of pressure cookers makes a huge difference in time and energy spent.

Another reason the good old performance metrics of fuel consumption and emission rates need to be junked. What matters is how the stoves are used in practice, not what some fanatics come up with in labs.

Nikhil

Message: 8