[Stoves] Biomass stoves v. PV-induction cooking (re: Frank)

Traveller miata98 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:42:08 CST 2017

Frank:

The stumbling block to progress are irrelevant performance metrics - fuel
consumption and emission rates for, heavens, BOILING WATER!

Electricity and gas folks are skewered by ultra-Greens for their fuel-cycle
GHG emissions, just to make sure the earth is balanced on the backs of the
poor.

But they had an advantage - the purportedly "exhaustible" fuels were used
some four times over what was supposedly "left in the ground" in 1970 and
the purportedly "renewable biomass" was costly, inaccessible, or had better
uses. (Even that 1909 Journal of Home Economics article said there are
superior uses of wood in America than burning it in the hearth.)

Unless the biomass folks stop obsessing over bean-counting and
manufacturing "co-benefits" in health, climate, livelihoods and women's
empowerment - in other words, unless they get their heads out of the
firebox and put ":cook" back in "cookstoves", they will keep arguing among
themselves.

After all, they seem to want to ensure that their egos are sufficiently
fed. The ethos of ETHOS, I might say.

I am tempted to put a slogan below my signature - "Usable Stoves Suited to
Contexts", or USSC. Think I will raise $300+ million? :-)

Nikhil

---------
(India +91) 909 995 2080