[Stoves] Please be supportive....RE: Fwd: Input for the NEP regarding gasifier cookstoves

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 12 16:00:44 CDT 2017

Dear Friends of clean cookstoves,

The Indian National Energy Policy (NEP) is being revised, and until
Friday (India time probably) there is a window to submit comments, etc.

Concerning cookstoves, I have submitted a comment, below, asking that
TLUD gasifier stoves be included in the consideration of how to resolve
the cookstove problems.  If anyone is inclined to send an email in
support of gasifier stoves, please send to the address provided:
rajnath-pc at gov.in

I am hopeful that supportive comments will be forthcoming from several
of you who are well informed about TLUD stoves, and also from others
including the advocates of LPG who have acknowledged that LPG will not
reach the poorest of the poor households, which could number in the tens
of millions of families in India.

Please note that success in India could lead to similarly successful
efforts in other countries.  The main supporting document that I sent
can be read at  www.juntosnfp.org/resources  .

Thanks in advance.

Paul