[Stoves] Who knows what this is?

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 19:09:27 CDT 2017

Todd:

First, congratulations. This is the first time I have seen someone market
not just a "stove" but also an appliance such as a kettle.

Quite appropriate, since these pictures reminded me of appliances more than
stoves.

Your response got me on to searching, in case there is some Indian
connection. Because there is a simpler version of a baking utensil - atop a
charcoal stove - that I remember from my childhood whose shape was
something like this (with a "chimney" in the middle. (It wasn't a chimney,
just a means of spreading heat more evenly for the dish we made.

I found another image on the web -
http://theasiancookshop.co.uk/chinese-hot-pot-cooker-thai-hotpot-steamboat-shabu-shabu-fire-pot-fondue-2450-p.asp.

Also,
https://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/7901873/Ancient_China_and_the_charcoal_stove_chimney_hotpot.html
,

No "Indian" connection I can think of. Then again, I think charcoal use is
quite uneven across India.

[image: Image result for shabu shabu stove charcoal]

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831
*Skype: nikhildesai888*