[Stoves] Irrelevant lab testing - for what purpose?

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Thu Jun 1 10:07:44 CDT 2017

Nikhil,

The best way for you to show us all how you would develop clean, efficient, stoves is to attend the Aprovecho Stove Camp, which is usually held the second week of August. This year’s camp hasn’t been announced yet but it would be Aug 14-18 this year. You can select your fuels, use their equipment to set up your own test apparatus, and learn how they simulate cooking. (You don’t appear to be familiar with the controlled cooking tests or the kitchen performance tests.) You can use their emission monitoring equipment. Engineers and technicians from all over the world would help you conduct your tests. Then you can compare the results of your -  yet undisclosed – methods with the water boiling and controlled cooking tests that they conduct, or show us why lab tests are not useful. Before you go, study the methods they use, and compare notes with Crispin and others on alternative methods. You could have a “bake off” comparing methods.

For several months my discussion list has tolerated your insults and your whining and complaining about what we have done in the past. Now it is your opportunity to show us what you would do differently, how, and with what desired outcome.

Contact Dean Still at:

Aprovecho Research Center

PO Box 1175
Cottage Grove, OR 97424, USA