[Stoves] Stove Camps 2017 --- Re: HEARTH Conference--Invitation

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Thu Jun 1 15:54:55 CDT 2017

Stovers,

1.  We have the dates of 17 to 20 August 2017 for the HEARTH event (not
a "campish" "making stoves" camp) in Oregon.  Please tell everyone.
Adam is doing a great job organizing it.   Be in touch with him.

2.  I just spoke with Dean Still.   It is decided that the will NOT be a
stove camp at Aprovecho this summer.  Busy schedules.

3.  I am considering having a "Dr TLUD Stove Camp" (CHAB camp for
"Combined Heat and Biochar) here in Normal, Illinois.   I have the
world's largest collection of different TLUD stoves (16 years of work
plus many purchases).   If interested, please let me know.   It would be
4.5 days between 10 July and 11 August (but NOT including 17 to 23
July).  Some serious interest or serious workers to help make that
happen would certainly sway my decision about when (and IF) the Dr TLUD
Stove Camp would actually occur.   Please send private messages to me
at:     psanders at ilstu.edu  , but public discussion with general
interest would be okay on the Listservs.

4.  I am planning on having a Stove Camp (with TLUD and Biochar focus)
in Honduras in 2017.   It might not be until Sept, but could be earlier
if the pieces fall into place.   It will not be hosted at Zamorano Univ,
but I do need to talk with the stove people there about a one day visit
and about stove testing.  One clear focus will be about larger TLUDs
(already designed by me) that will be appropriate for plancha stoves.
Any details about the stove camp and about the larger TLUD will be
posted to both the Stoves and the Estufas Listservs.   It would be
conducted in Spanish.   Carbon credit financing would be an important topic.

5.  Please note that the GACC Forum 2017 is in Delhi, India, on 24 - 26
October, but it is only 3 days.   I am planning to attend.   And I am
looking into having some type of TLUD-specific gathering / meeting
before or after the Forum, possibly in Delhi, but maybe in Kolkata area
where the large TLUD project is in full swing.   We would visit the
Deganga project site (I assume that you have already read the Case Study
about Deganga and TLUD stoves).   A major topic would be the
implementation of TLUD project with carbon credit financing.   And how
it could be replicated in other locations around the world, not just in
India.   Anyone interested in that, please let me know.   I will be
looking for co-sponsors as well as attendees.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com