[Stoves] Fine Particulates from a Selection of Cookstoves

Philip Lloyd plloyd at mweb.co.za
Tue Jun 6 02:19:56 CDT 2017

I recall a message 30 years ago "The future for much of the world for clean cooking will be with cheap renewable solar power." A few years passed, and I wrote "The road to the North is littered with abandoned solar cookers." We found:
1.	Cooking is a personal thing.  Cooks like to be involved, to stir, to taste, to season, to improve. Just sitting and waiting is 'wrong'
2.	One cloudy day, one family of unfed children, one less solar cooker
3.	Nature abhors a vacuum - monkeys, warthogs, porcupines, even passers-by, found the food too attractive to leave in the sun.
There may be places in the world where none of this applies, or where people have learned to use the cookers when the sun shines, but it is not a general solution to the cooking problem.
Philip Lloyd

Behalf Of Roger Samson