[Stoves] PM emissions from engines

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Jun 6 06:00:18 CDT 2017

Soon it will be possibly to bolt a thermoacoustic generator on the exhaust of any engine to turn recovered heat into electricity. The panels on the rickshaws will be redundant.

The conversion efficiency of such devices is being over-claimed so for those of you who want to start getting electricity out of a stove, like the SCORE project, be wary of claims and ask to see the whole calculation. What starts out as '38% efficiency' can end up at 7%.

Either way it beats the heck out of ‎TEGs to which the same cautions apply.

Crispin:

Emission RATES don't mean disease.

I ride an LPG car and CNG taxis and rickshaws all the time.

There were wood gasifier trucks back when. Bring them on! Slap a solar panel and battery too. I am trying to find a solar-diesel refrigerator truck. Can put a compressed biogas module on it. If nothing else, short trips on a dairy farm.

Can also double as a mobile cooking platform for stoves, fridge, and cold beer.

Selling $100 stove to people who don't have a stock of cooking ingredients and compute aDALYs for them must be published in the Journal of Irreproducible Results (Lancet?)

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
+91 909 995 2080
Skype: nikhildesai888