[Stoves] PM emissions from engines

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Jun 6 14:59:42 CDT 2017

>>Huh? "The article is misleading in that very few spark ignition engines are
direct injection?"

>When did you last have to tune a carburettor?

Most are indirect injection. I don't see that it can make much difference, but the article claims it does. Indirect injection is into the intake port just before the intake valve instead of into the combustion chamber at high pressure. ‎

I am willing to bet that with the addition of electronically controlled valves the hindrance can be overcome. They can't be far from market. My nephew did his PhD on them 10 years ago. Fully programmable valve timing, no cam shaft, no chain etc. Flat torque profile.