[Stoves] ***SPAM*** News - Raising awareness of air pollution in India

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 14:40:18 CDT 2017

Of course! Air pollution will take your breath away!!  See
https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/deepveer-will-save-us?utm_term=.jqMZnrPP2

I would like to think Indians are not born stupid, WHO and the professoriat
makes them so (at least tries to).

I spare you the photographs. (lakh = 100,000)

Nikhil

--------

1. Hi. You know we have an air pollution problem, no? If you don't think
it's *thaaaat* bad, get this: TWO INDIANS DIE PER MINUTE because of air
pollution.

Ranveer: Deeps, did you know air pollution-related deaths in India
increased six-fold between 2000 and 2010?

Deepika: I know, dude, and it's still growing. Air pollution caused around
6,20,000 deaths in India in 2010 and causes more than TEN LAKH DEATHS per
year now.

Ranveer: O fucks.
2. Last year the WHO assessed 1,622 cities worldwide for fine particulate
matter, and found India is home to 13 of the top 20 cities with the most
polluted air.
3. Still not horrified? Ok. Breathing in Delhi’s air for 24 hours is
equivalent to smoking 10 cigarettes a day.
4. And it's only getting worse. Air quality in India deteriorated by 21.6%
in the past 10 years.

Bye bye, viable healthy futures for all our children! Toodles, life span!
See you later, the 8.5% GDP we lost due to air pollution-related diseases
in 2013!
5. In 2013, a study was conducted on the lung function of non-smokers.
Indian non-smokers' lungs function 30% less effectively than Europeans' do.

6. India’s rapidly worsening air pollution is causing over 1 million people
to die prematurely each year. A FUCKIN' MILLION. TEN LAKHS. WHATEVER WORKS
FOR YOU.
7. It's doomsday, fam. And I know you're a smart, conscientious, woke-AF
reader, so you want to know what you can do to help. I gotchu. Keep reading.
8. Use public transport or carpools as much as possible. Also, make sure
your vehicles are properly serviced at all times. Badly maintained vehicles
emit noxious pollutants into the air.9. A maaaassssive component of the
problem is the burning of fossil fuels to get energy. Switch to solar
<https://go.redirectingat.com/?id=74679X1524629&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buzzfeed.com%2Fregajha%2Fdeepveer-will-save-us&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indiagosolar.in%2F&xcust=4554241%7CBFLITE&xs=1>
wherever
you can, and make smaaaallll lifestyle changes
<https://www.buzzfeed.com/gyanyankovich/you-can-do-it> to reduce your own
carbon footprint.10. Also, governments need to ensure existing coal based
power use latest technologies, which reduce the amount of pollutants they
release. There is a government notification
<https://go.redirectingat.com/?id=74679X1524629&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buzzfeed.com%2Fregajha%2Fdeepveer-will-save-us&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpib.nic.in%2Fnewsite%2FPrintRelease.aspx%3Frelid%3D133726&xcust=4554241%7CBFLITE&xs=1>
ensure this, but power plants aren’t taking it seriously. In fact, they're
trying to get the notification removed or diluted. Direct your outrage to
this issue!
11. And finally, if you want your state government or municipality to take
action on air pollution, you can start your own campaign on ​Air Alert
<https://go.redirectingat.com/?id=74679X1524629&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buzzfeed.com%2Fregajha%2Fdeepveer-will-save-us&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airalert.in&xcust=4554241%7Cd%7C0%7C0%3A0&xs=1>
.