[Stoves] water hyacyth

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 10:00:06 CDT 2017

Michael:

I heard about water hyacinth in east African lakes. Here is a recent story
from that area - East African regional bloc steps up war on water hyacinth
and pollution to save Lake Victoria
<https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001230137/east-african-regional-bloc-steps-up-war-on-water-hyacinth-and-pollution-to-save-lake-victoria>
21
February 2017.

No telling how soon any action will be seen. I remember some speculation 13
years ago that invasive species had had a role in blocking water flows as
well as higher evaporation rate, in turn contributing to hydro power crisis
in Rwanda. Water flows seem to have plagued new hydro plants as well; can't
tell the reasons.

An Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) team had been working on water
hyacinth and bioliquids, I read. No idea about paper.

Oh, just found a couple of links of potential interest -
http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/companies/ikea-looking-to-source-bamboo-indigenous-wood-species-from-india/article9672332.ece,
and https://yourstory.com/2017/06/bio-lutions/ (water hyacinth along with
other vegetation).

Nikhil