[Stoves] Progress in Kyrgyzstan

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Sat Mar 4 19:36:09 CST 2017

Dear Paul

Good questions.

We ask a lot of questions in the follow up. One is what people who have the stoves would be willing to pay for them. In all cases the offer was one quarter to one third higher than the retail cost, with the higher end stoves.

The retail price for small quantities (if I recall these correctly) are
Model 1 $50?
Model 2 ‎$90
Model 2.5 $120 probably
Model 4 $140
Model 5 $280

Something like that. They are all cheaper in Tajikistan by about $20.

I expect the costs to drop. Those quantities were small. The plan is to order them in 100-200 stove lots. This is within the capabilities of local producers, just.

One reason the current cost is a little high is that we insisted that all parts be cut by one company so there were no fabrication errors. Multiple producers were involved, but all parts were cut by a CNC plasma cutter. I assembled one unit from the parts to approved them. Then that drawing was used for all the subsequent production.

The current activity is making a dozen Model 2.5's to get a firm price.

Crispin,

Thanks for that great report.   Congratualtions!!!!   Great to read of progress!!

Please tell us about the cost of the stove models.   And can the people afford them?   And prospects for have sufficient production in the near future.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu<mailto:psanders at ilstu.edu>
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com<http://www.drtlud.com>