[Stoves] Fuel Management - Bamboo Sawdust

Tony Vovers vovers1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 13:11:18 CDT 2017

Crispin - many thanks for the new suggestion.

I have found source of firebricks and fire cement in Surabaya. PT. BENTENG
API TECHNIC - they seem to be a very large facility. Shipping costs to Bali
more than the product!

Small centrifugal blowers seem to be used all over the place here by sate
vendors cooking with charcoal.
I have not quite envisaged where the cook will fit in this type of design,
I assume the blower and sawdust feed would come in from the side  or middle
of something like a rocket stove burn chamber, with a small fire inside to
keep things burning??  with the exhaust coming out at the top to the cook.

It is well worth investigating this approach for this application or our
other pet project a forge..... maybe able to do it without charcoal...

Your 2 new key words (Sawdust combustor) unleashed the power of googles
search engine.

This interesting looking device from India looks like it gasifies the
sawdust in the burner tube and then uses the gas to maintain the in tube
gasification process without using any bricks:
http://mgiri.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Sawdust_Combuster.pdf

 What would be your vote??
Try to burn the sawdust outside the flow tube in a burn chamber?
or gasify the sawdust inside the tube as in this india example and burn the
gases?

In the meantime I don't want to give up totally on fuel management
(pelletizing) as it is a solution that can create micro enterprises in the
area particularly if rice husks are put in the picture. Though these days
the pigs seem to be very happy consuming most of that.
 Hopefully I get some ideas on that front from the stove community.

Great Ideas thanks for the feedback

TonyV

Tony Vovers
+1 281 7381000 (VOIP)