[Stoves] Response to Ron (about Leaping)- role of stove anthropologists in empowering stove users/producers to form & ask own questions

Roger Samson rogerenroute at yahoo.ca
Tue May 30 10:47:27 CDT 2017

Thanks Cecil, that was pretty good. The link to the summary on enabling change was just excellent. The more we promote stoves and fuels with confusing complexity the less likely we are to get adoption. The more we promote stoves with profound simplicity in design and function the easier the adoption.

The health agenda folks need to be told to get into the back seat as they do not have the skill set to drive the complex development process forward with communities..   The most toxic situation is where we have the health promoting agencies being fed money by the fossil fuel industry to promote their vision of clean cooking. It's like watching a drunk driver get behind the wheel....they think they know where they are going and they are all fueled up and in a hurry.

regards

roger