[Stoves] Another attack on solid fuels by public health (Responses to Paul Anderson, Roger Samson, and Verena Brinkmann)

Karin Troncoso karintroncoso at gmail.com
Tue May 30 14:03:50 CDT 2017

Dear all

I am writing to reply to three questions asked by Paul Anderson (on May
26), Roger Samson (May 26), and Verena Brinkmann (May 29). I will reply
separately to Roger's comments on subsidies.

These three questions address two issues: Gasifiers, and the funding of the
study.

With regards to gasifiers, I agree with Paul and Verena that they are a
good solution. In addition to technology development, we need to better
understand the key factors for the adoption of this technology. I still
think that there is no silver bullet, and that, therefore, gasifiers are
part of the solution.

With regards to the funding question, we did not receive any external
funding for this study. We both work at the Pan-American Health
Organization, and carried out this work with our normal budget.

Best regards,

Karin