[Stoves] Poor indoor air quality caused by a stove kills 4 on Mt Everest

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Wed May 31 00:13:41 CDT 2017

Dr Karve:

Were the kerosene lamps kept on all night for safety?

Until 1966 or so, I frequently stayed in unelectrified villages for weeks
at a time. But I never noticed kerosene lamps being on all night. Then a
few years ago, wandering about in Pacific Islands, I saw that many people
kept kerosene lamps on all night. This was on islands where kerosene was
brought maybe once or twice a year at a cost of ~$3/liter. When I asked,
they said light kept animals away and kept adults from stepping on
children.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(India +91) 909 995 2080 <+91%2090999%2052080>
*Skype: nikhildesai888*