[Stoves] Article based on Cooking forum observations

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 10:41:36 CDT 2017

Anil:

Re: "There are reports (the veracity of the data is questionable) that nine
million deaths take place globally every year due to indoor air pollution
in rural households."

There are no 'data', just  manufactured estimates on assumptions piled on
assumptions.

Still, the proper claim should be "Worldwide, some four million deaths per
year out of some 55 million are attributed to diseases where air pollution
from household use of solid fuels for cooking and heating is thought to be
a significant risk factor. Attribution is not causality, and
attributability is not avoidability. Reduction of such pollution - measured
by WHO as % of households claiming to rely primarily on solid fuels - will
not necessarily result in lower rates of mortality or disease incidence.
People die, and even if from the same diseases, other sources of air
pollution - natural or anthropogenic - will be blamed as a "risk factor."

To me, this is academic conceit and deceit. There are no lifetime data on
dose or response, nor do blames for the past can be projected for the
future.

Nikhil