[Stoves] The WBT allows for comparison between tests and stoves, says Winrock

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 13:45:58 CST 2017

Xavier:

Money speaks.

EPA and its contractors have huge vested interests in manufacturing untenable claims.

Conceit is a precondition for passing deceit. Winrock is only a contractor, mostly of USG to my knowledge when it comes to stoves. Same is true of UNF and Berkeley entities, or D-Lab and ARC for that matter. They cannot afford to be independent and unbiased.

I have no problem that USG contractors seek to promote USG interests. If USG wants to condition its support for cookstoves on misleading methods, it has the power to do so. There ought to be some lawsuit against or Congressional inquiry into the purpose of such practices.

After all, it is factually correct that "The laboratory-based WBT is the most standardized of the three, and allows for comparison between stoves." Whether such lab results and their comparisons mean anything is another question.

Bureaucratic and fee-for-service for-hire agents in academic, research, and advocacy business constitute what is referred to as "the deep state."  Their interests do not necessarily coincide with the public interest generally or the interests of Third World cooks in this particular case.

All I can say is that non-US governments should be wary of USG interests and bullying. Walking away from ISO TC-285 would be a good idea.

EPA and its contractors have squandered an opportunity to do something good by the people they claim to want to help.

Gravediggers may fill the graves when monies run out.

Does it really matter what GACC and Winrock, BAMG or D-Lab do, or even what EPA does? How much money have they got?

Nikhil