[Stoves] Calculating cooking costs and char costs ----Re: [biochar] Where to discuss STOVES AND CARBON offsets and drawdown

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 16 17:49:57 CDT 2017

tom,

This quote is from Pam Jagger's article, and cites Ryan.
> We assume that dry mass can be converted to carbon mass using 47%C
> (Ryan et al., 2011),
What does   "  47%C " actually mean?   That is not the same as   "%
yield of charcoal compared to dry-weight of biomass"

Who can explain such a process with such a high yield of charcoal?    I
did not think that it is possible, unless it is a bit beyond torrified wood.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com