[Stoves] Char used for cooking

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:15:28 CDT 2017

Andrew:

Thank you. I got "switched on" to biochar ideas nearly ten years ago,
thanks to Steve Joseph, but had very little idea of its contextual
relevance.

I remember seeing, a year or so later, an "old industrial waste
contaminated land" on Efate (Vanuatu). Since even islands were becoming
attractive for foreign investments in crops (rice, for Chinese investors)
and grass (hay for beef cattle), this "remediation" benefit of biochar
could have helped there.

As also many other similar places in the world.

Again, seems to me "waste management" is a smarter way of looking at
bioenergy potentials.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831