[Stoves] Update to the KG4.0 and MN4.1

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Tue Sep 26 23:09:55 CDT 2017

Dear Friends

There is an update of the drawings of the Mongolian version of the KG4.0 crossdraft coal gasifier. This model is now made in two versions: with refractory ceramics made from bricks (KG) and with plastic refractory materials based on a high alumina bonded with aluminum dihydrogen phosphate (MN).

The link to the drawings is new because the Mongolian folder name has been changed to reflect the update to v.1.02.

You will see some drawings are unchanged with the name format MN4.1.01.xx and others with the format MN4.1.02.xx. There is only one version for each "xx" so they form a complete set if you take everything in that folder. The folder is here<http://www.newdawnengineering.com/website/library/Stoves/Mongolia/MN4.1.02/>.

There an instruction manual for producers being finalised now in Bishkek, which will be for the brick version. I will put it there when it has been approved. Dimensionally they are identical.

The principle difference between the earlier version and the one made by Altanzul in UB is that the back wall of the metal surround that holds the combustion chamber and hopper is put in last, not first. The reason is that the space is difficult to fill exactly, so the refractory is put in first, pushed to the front, hard, and the back wall welded into place. That ensures a perfect fit each time front-to-back.

The performance is statistically indistinguishable from the TJ4.0 tested by Altanzul in 2016-7 (0.4 mg/MJNET). The PM2.5 numbers are under 3 mg/MJNET for the brick version using a culturally relevant testing sequence for Kyrgyzstan.  I expect to hear the test result from UB in the coming days. It might be slightly better - we will see. They will apply the Mongolian national standard test sequence.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D33725.1DDE4560]
KG4 with a 6mm top plate.

[cid:image006.jpg at 01D33725.1DDE4560]
Altanzul holds a piece of the high density plastic refractory material and Amber holds a competing clay material based on a high alumina and high flint material discovered in the South Gobi Desert.