[Stoves] The goals of my TLUD work

Jock Gill jock at jockgill.com
Fri Sep 29 08:26:14 CDT 2017

Crispin,

I absolutely concur that the cook matters.  My middle daughter is the director of education at Christopher Kimball's Milk Street Kitchen.  The design of her new kitchen was driven by the needs of the cook and her husband.

Please remember I am principally promoting understanding just what pyrolysis and Biochar are.  Neither word is even in any of the tests administered in US schools.  No teacher gets rewarded for teaching about carbon negative energy.  If we do not understand the creativity of pyrolysis, how on earth do we expect to accomplish Drawdown?  I wonder if Drawdown and long term carbon sequestration, which benefits 100% of the global population, is perhaps of more importance than  other applications of pyrolysis and Biochar?

As for stoves for areas that need better cooking tools, I am all for that. It is just not my primary area of focus at this time.  Further, my view is that if it is not good enough for the wealthy, why is it good enough for anyone else? I expect adoption of new cooking tools would be a good deal faster if we could point to their use in the wealthy world.  This is one reason I have demonstrated how to modify charcoal grills such that they make charcoal when you grill.  Carbon negative grilling creates Biochar for your gardens etc.  Carbon negative grilling contributes to drawdown while it creates better tasting grilling results.  I know.  The proof is in the eating!

Thoughts?  I know you will have some ;-)

Many thanks,

Jock

Jock Gill
P. O. Box 3