[Stoves] Fwd: "The effects of fuel type and stove design on ..." - new citations

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Sat Apr 7 13:27:54 CDT 2018

List:  cc the listed corresponding author: Professor Li Chen

	The paper below offers an alternative to the forthcoming  ISO water boiling test -  for 5 charcoal consuming stoves.  Not being interested in charcoal-using stoves, I don’t want to go much further with this paper, but others might.

	Unfortunately, they do not identify any reasons for the differences with other test results.  I wonder if anyone can compare these results with the usual WBT or any other test methods.

	Most of the efficiency and time to boil. etc, look OK - with differences between the 5 stoves that are probably worth trying to tease out.  But I have to question their results on CO emissions.  They said:

	Compared with literature reported MCE 89% to 92% using WBT[37], this research reported a much higher number from 99.67% to 99.93%

which approach 3 orders of magnitude difference (10%/0.1%) in the inefficiency values.

Ron