[Stoves] More clean cooking news from Rwanda

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 15:02:32 CST 2018

On 24 February 2018 at 18:50, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott
<crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:
> That sounds about right. The innovation is to use money upfront to establish the market for fuel, something like the cell phone investment in towers and transmitters.

I'd refine the metaphor a bit and say the upfront investment in the
infrastructure of the  harvesting and processing is more akin to the
cell network and the stoves equivalent to the latest smartphone.

> ‎I think it will be used by ethanol vendors soon.

Interesting, presumably the alcohol stoves are much simpler?

The cellphone  firms strategy in the beginning in UKin the early 80s
was that they not only subsidized the initial cost of the phone but it
was difficult to buy one;s own phone to connect to the network.

Nowadays it pays me to have cheap monthly access to the network  and
use a phone I have bought outright, So it will be interesting to see
how the stove capitalisation compares over time. I'm sure I would be
tempted to burn things other than the contracted pellets in the stove.

Andrew