[Stoves] Understanding TLUDs, MPF and more. (was Re: Bangladesh TLUD )

alex english aenglish444 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 08:19:49 CST 2018

Hi, Paul, Crispin, and Tom,

I enjoy the technical discussion and thought experiments but do we really
still lack the data (Numbers) to support your positions? A Paul brand TLUD,
(as opposed to Crispin 's generic tluds) can have easily controlled
particle size and moisture, superficial velocity and stack excess air. When
it is connected to a pipe (as a gasifier) it can support a premixed flame
with various measurable flame speeds. Surely there is a someone in 2018 who
could insert a gas analyser (CO2, O2, CO, H2, CH4) into stream and
correlate correlate correlate.  Then it can compared to other systems and
fitted to the process narratives that are so skillfully articulated.

Cheers,
Alex
-35 C