[Stoves] Dry distillation = trockene Destillation

Boll, Martin Dr. boll.bn at t-online.de
Sun Jan 7 15:41:31 CST 2018

Dear Andrew,
best wishes to you and all stove-list-eners for the young year 2018!

Long ago at school I learned about "trockene Destillation" of wood.
We all were teached and aware, that it was total different to "normal" distillation.

Following page on the web for school-use, is still talking in this way.

http://www.chemieunterricht.de/dc2/haus/v107.htm

The following URL is more interesting because it gives details and clearance for a lot of related  terms/definitions. I think it is worth to look at because those scientific terms are somehow  international, though written in German.

http://deacademic.com/dic.nsf/dewiki/1413236

Oh yes, by that I got explained the origin of the name of "Brenztraubensäure",  in English "pyruvic acid" the other hint for heat/fire.

By the way: It is all known the "Antipyretica" are just against fever,
and no fire-extinguishers.
Academics like to use Latin or Greec or somhow "cryptic" words in specialized ways;  somtimes (-up to most-), a lot distant from the original meaning. -ismile-

Kind Regards
Martin