[Stoves] Charcoal ban is it the charcoal---

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:36:26 CST 2018

On 25 January 2018 at 06:19, Michael N Trevor <mntrevor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't the issue is how it is made. dirty polluting deforestation.

Michael I don't know the reason but Teddy's photos demonstrate lots of
room for improvement in the cooking.

>  Change that and you have a sustainable renewable biofuel for cooking and
> syngas.

I agree the big drawback in traditional charcoal making is waste and
pollution and making something from the "stranded" offgas is a worthy
goal but making syngas is a long way  from this.  Syngas (CO+H2) would
need to be made at much higher temperatures than are achieved in
traditional kilns  which is why the offgas is a cloudy sol containing
Products of Incomplete Combustion as well as tarry droplets condensed
from vapour, steam, water droplets. methane and longer chain organic
species.

Andrew