[Stoves] A call to stop using the WBT

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 08:04:06 CST 2018

On 26 January 2018 at 10:51, Crispin Pemberton-Pigott <
crispinpigott at outlook.com> wrote:

> Dear Anh
>
> Other than reporting the energy in the char and it's mass, what else
> should be reported?

The only thing that is needed is how much energy was released to do the
task, establishing it is a bit troublesome as each species is different and
moisture contents vary. With other fuels it's simple, we can weigh a LPG
cylinder before and after use and deduct one from the other to establish
the fuel used.

> I have never been asked how much energy a stove uses out of the fuel it
> consumes during the replication of some task.

So the energy use isn't much relevant to the cook?

> People always ask how much fuel a stove needs to 'do
> something'.Misrepresenting the fuel needed from the available resource to
> complete a task is mischievous.

We should not introduce mischief ‎to our performance evaluations.

Stop being mischievous then ;-)