[Stoves] FW: [stove and climate] More mind-blowing insights from China

Cookswell Jikos cookswelljikos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 09:52:11 CDT 2018

Thanks for sharing Paul - always interesting to hear about such large scale
projects like this.

LPG is being pushed along by the Govt. of Kenya recently (
http://www.kenyanews.go.ke/government-moves-to-avail-affordable-cooking-gas-to-kenyans/)
albeit
with a few hiccups (
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Kenya-cheap-gas-supply-rural-homes-safety-concerns/539546-4570216-miaop7z/index.html)
it
seems that more and more people are cooking using gas then ever before.
Stove stacking though seems to be as alive and well as ever even with the
recent charcoal bans here. (and charcoal production, especially for
clearing of new agricultural land seems to be going on as much as always
https://www.facebook.com/EastAfricanBiomassEnergyPortal/posts/2011692142493297)
It has been good to see that there has been more talk then ever before
about managing forests better and growing more trees for the future
charcoal demand in East Africa as seen here
https://www.newvision.co.ug/new_vision/news/1481795/environment-committees-fight-charcoal-burning

Speaking of charcoal in the news, also interesting to see the UK of all
places with access to modern cooking methods being in the news for this -
''Is UK barbecue charcoal fuelling global deforestation?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44880398''

Teddy