[Stoves] Stove types and poverty [Was Rogerio: Pro-publica article out]

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Wed Jul 25 16:32:55 CDT 2018

Dear Kirk

Bleak for whom? We are having blazing successes.

I helped Dr Anderson a hundred times, especially in the early days. I tested his charcoal maker in India when no one else would.

I helped Dr Nurhuda turn some bleak and uncontrollable “attempts” into top class performers, using the YDD Lab in Yogyakarta. It took three years.

Rebecca and I have been cooperating for years. She even came to my Stove Design Camp to get testing, advice, alternatives and theory classes. Her stoves work and are accepted. We are now discussing fish smokers in First Nations communities.

Alexis, I met and enjoyed. He focuses on one fuel. I don’t have any.

I have provided dozens of suggestions to Dean and his minions. Only Nordica and Peter Scott accepted any of them. They are both gone from there.

What’s on these days: Hebei Province, heating stoves with 60% reduced emissions (against a pretty good baseline), 800,000 homes); Mongolia: we must that the new radically improved designs are acceptable and multiply production; Kyrgyzstan: starting to replace stoves in 11,000 homes.  The targets total only a million homes, but that was GACC’s 8 year target and we will do it in 4, with less money. Almost none for overheads.

We are glad, not glum.
Crispin

Wow!  Life must be bleak for you guys.  ☹

I suggest that to get out of your doldrums you support some positive people and projects, examples like Dr. Anderson, Dr. Nurhuda, Dr. Paul Taylor,  Rebecca Vermeer, Alexis Belonio, Dean Still, or other of your choice.  😊

Kirk H.

Sent from Mail<https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D550986&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9c25c9f95ea24694b9cb08d5f269abd2%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636681458023795607&sdata=jy9auoLg9aeHEqJ4cnMHABR1jdgGmz2NnkKOwMjT%2FiQ%3D&reserved=0> for Windows 10