[Stoves] Stove types and poverty [Was Rogerio: Pro-publica article out]

Anderson, Paul psanders at ilstu.edu
Thu Jul 26 16:12:30 CDT 2018

Crispin,

Your message below did not go to the whole Stoves Listserv, so it is included below.

I agree with most of what you have said.   And congratulations on your progress with funding in Asia.  Wonderful.

I do need to disagree about the meaning of TLUD and WBT.   Basically I am saying that an established acronym should not be twisted into of “related” meaning.     You wrote:
>…harping that any objection to the WBT is an objection to boiling water during at test…

That is NOT the case.   WBT means something, even with its many variations.   But it is not just about any use of water to be boiled in any test.

And regarding TLUD, that is an acknowledged name (by most) and it does refer to biomass stoves of a specific type that happens to be batch loaded and makes charcoal (although some people then burn the char in the same stove).

But as I said, the vast majority of what you wrote is quite appropriate.

There are certainly challenges past, present and future.  Best wishes to us all.

Paul

Doc / Dr TLUD / Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Exec. Dir. of Juntos Energy Solutions NFP