[Stoves] Celebrate! First-ever international standard for laboratory testing of cookstoves published.

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 07:37:33 CDT 2018

Dear all,

That is great news. There is an ISO standard at last.

Congratulations and thanks, really, to all the people who worked on that. I’
m sure it has been a tough and patient work.

Like Crispin says, time will tell if this new standard does the job, it has
to be put to the test.

We should remain careful when seeking « harmonization ». We should not try
to compare apples with oranges.

Ron, a test which allows to heat water is not necessary a WBT. The WBT is a
certain protocol which heats water. The Water Heating Test is another one.

I predict humanity will heat and boil water for cooking in the next, say,
2000 years or more. If we make it that far.

I hope this standard is the last nail in the WBT coffin.

I agree with Paul: this document should be free and accessible to all, not
behind a paywall.

Best,

Xavier