[Stoves] Mis-information

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sun Mar 18 20:44:16 CDT 2018

Stovers,

Extremely interesting videos (TWO of them)   See below, parts A and B.:

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com

Part A:

On 3/18/2018 6:02 PM, lh cheng wrote:
> Sorry guys, I find the video:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzN-cYR84_Y ,the date is later than
> the video in Dr. Anderson's message.

> <mailto:lhkind at gmail.com>>:
>
>     This guy might be misled by another guy. that another guy in a
>     video (sorry I can't remember the address), make a  glass TLUD
>     stove, and showed that the smoke (gas) move out from primary air
>     hole into the layer between inner and out cylinder, then upward
>     and then re-enter the inner cylinder. that help him to explain why
>     the flame jet out from the secondary air holes.
>
>     His experiment did show some smoke move this way somehow. but it
>     is not the mainstream.

Comment by PSA:   Impressive.   Very much a demonstration that raises
questions.  Downward flows.   But mot totally downward (unknown
percentage, to be studied)..

And then at the end, there is a "click here" box to go to further work.

Part B.

That box takes you to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1962734105&feature=iv&src_vid=wzN-cYR84_Y&v=b0vM9aD78XY

Same fellow.   and showing clearly UPdraft.   Side by side comparisons.
Well worth watching.

That is dated 2015.  I hope that somebody will delve into this
further.   There is still a great deal of TLUD science to be researched.

This all is (in my opinion) support for thinking the micro-gasifier
stoves (ACS for Advanced Cookstoves) will continue to get better and
better, further distancing them out ahead of the stick-burner ICS
(Improved or Inadequate Cookstoves).