[Stoves] Mis-information

Andrew Heggie aj.heggie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 04:41:40 CDT 2018

On 22 March 2018 at 00:28, Kirk H. <gkharris316 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Dr. TLUD and all,
>

> The video is not clear enough to state that it is down drafting and these
> experiments are not conclusive.  I believe the conclusions are faulty.

I'm with you on that Kirk from a cursory look at the videos but do
consider also diffusion in your analysis, at very low rates of primary
air there can be some molecules of combustion products being bounced
downward. Diffusion is related to molecule mass and its kinetic energy
plus the distance it travels before encountering another molecule to
bounce against. It's effect can be demonstrated by releasing a small
amount of odour and then detecting the smell a short time after in
another room in the absence of draught.

 The other point is that whilst we live in the information age it is
also countered by misinformation, either deliberate or  through lack
of understanding. My brother told me long ago when dealing with
research papers it always pays someone to pitch an opposite hypothesis
 either because of vested interest or simply to attract research
funding. We see a lot of this in the science dealing with mans'
release of fossil carbon into the atmosphere.

On the world stage we are seeing application of this disinformation
in order to disrupt competing economies.

Andrew