[Stoves] Down with Fantasy-draft stoves

alex english aenglish444 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:25:42 CDT 2018

Andrew,
Setting aside the solid fuel variables, I conceive of the gasses self
stratifying with what ever their temperature/density properties dictate.
With wide fuel chambers and low velocities/momentum you might see that the
coolest of the hot gasses, which are the second most dense gasses in the
chamber, will spread out sideways as a cap over the fresh un-reacted air
that is laying/rising under the MPF.  Again, I see the cool fresh air as
being pulled down by gravity (even as gravity is forcing more into the
chamber) as opposed to being pulled up even though it is in fact rising to
replace its own transformation in to new less dense compounds with in the
MPF.

There are perhaps more than a few additional variables  associated with the
chamber and burner configuration that I am not considering.

Does this description answer your question, or make any sense to you?

Do you have another option/opinion?

Regards/Alex