[Stoves] Air pollution kills

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Wed May 2 19:36:42 CDT 2018

Stovers,

I just thought you might find this interesting. '

This came from  the issue on Wednesday 2 May 2018 of:

Nature Briefing
<https://nature.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6057c528fdc6f73fa196d9d&id=d2eab8d5f6&e=562108ab5a>

Hello /Nature/ readers,

>     Air pollution kills 7 million people a year
>     <https://nature.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6057c528fdc6f73fa196d9d&id=fed70f971c&e=562108ab5a>
>
> About 90% of the world’s population is exposed to dangerously high
> levels of air pollution
> <https://nature.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6057c528fdc6f73fa196d9d&id=e7570b0287&e=562108ab5a>,
> says the World Health Organization. Toxic air leads to the early death
> of an estimated 7 million people every year, including an estimated
> 3.8 million deaths from indoor cooking with polluting fuels. More than
> 90% of air pollution-related deaths occur in low- and middle-income
> countries, but even in high-income European cities, air pollution is
> knocking 2–24 months off people’s lives.
>
> The Times
> <https://nature.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2c6057c528fdc6f73fa196d9d&id=4f7c6ff0a2&e=562108ab5a>
> | 4 min read
40% of the world population cook with solid fuels.   So 60% do not.   Of
that 60%, 50%  (50% of 60% is  83%) ALSO are exposed by dangerously high
levels of air pollution.

Basically, nobody is safe.

So why push for LPG for the poorest 40% when even that is not going to
do much good for them????   Or is that mainly a promotion effort by LPG
business?

So it seems like there is no chance of pleasing the WHO.   7 million
deaths per year from air pollution.

I will keep pushing for cleaner cookstoves, espacially the
micro-gasifier TLUD type.

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com