[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 93, Issue 19

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at outlook.com
Thu May 24 21:34:52 CDT 2018

Thanks Norbert that was a great find.

I was not referring to the certification of stoves in the comment below, I was referring to the declaration that particles are equally toxic for regulatory purposes, then the host of regulations and guidelines which followed.

To quote Nikhil:

“There are many sources of emissions of particulates of various sizes, often co-emitted and co-emitted with gases of different kinds. All these emissions have different pathways and residence times. We don't know squat about composition and rates of emissions of household fuels, leave alone their determinants, pathways, ingestion. We don't know their toxicity by duration of exposure for different cohorts.  Nor the disease incidence profiles.”

Now, how do we turn this current state of knowledge into a calculation of the length, in years, of the extension of some people’s lives, particular people, about whom we know next to nothing?