[Stoves] Air pollution kills

Xavier Brandao xav.brandao at gmail.com
Mon May 28 06:13:01 CDT 2018

Dear Nikhil,

« Believe what you wish. I endorse freedom of faith »

You haven’t proven me wrong. You just tried to disqualify my reasoning by calling it « faith ».

« How sweet and easy. »

Well, how sweet and easy also for you to call everything faith, and manipulations, without giving any proof of it.

« facts and common sense »

I haven’t seen so many facts from your side. Common sense is a subjective notion. And merely trusting your common sense would also be an act of faith.

But ok, I am gonna go for blind faith: I am gonna believe you and Crispin that there is something broken with epidemiology by the WHO.

See? I believe you, even if you have not shown precisely where the problems lie.

There are maybe 1000 studies here, linking air pollution to health. Maybe they prove nothing, since the methodology is often dubious:

http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/193108/REVIHAAP-Final-technical-report-final-version.pdf

Since you know better the subject than any epidemiologist, you probably know these 1000 studies, have reviewed them all, and can show us exactly where they are wrong.

Write a book Nikhil, that is the best option.

« To run through alleys only to confirm they are blind is an academic pastime. »

It’s called skeptical science. If you haven’t run through alleys, how do you know they are blind?

« Otherwise, continue wasting the energies of the young. »

So what everyone on this List is doing is wasting energy. Great.

How about you enlighten us and tell us what we should be doing instead?

Go ahead, we have plenty of time and money: what should we do with them?

Best,

Xavier