[Stoves] Stove competition

Ronal W. Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 17:25:43 CST 2018

	Today is the first day of the DoE-sponsored second-time "Decathlon" stove competition.  Goes through the 14th.

	Information on the four new entries is at:  https://www.energy.gov/eere/bioenergy/articles/going-gold-second-round-finalists-announced-2018-wood-stove-design-challenge

	The eight earlier announced entries are at: https://www.energy.gov/eere/bioenergy/articles/competition-heating-wood-stove-design-challenge-announces-initial-round

	Approvecho's entry has been discussed a little on this list by Dean Still.  (Good luck, Dean and Apro.  I hope you can keep us informed.)   The entries all seem to have a focus on electricity.  I guess there must be testing on emissions and efficiency.  Anyone seen the types of judging?

	I hope we can see a future competition based on cook stoves of the type we discuss on this list,.

Ron