[Stoves] Biomass stove pollution in UK

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 15:58:22 CST 2018

Anil:

Usual poppycock.

Emissions are not exposures, nor are exposures uniformly harmful, nor is fuel ban the best means of harm alleviation.

One needs air basin modeling for particular regions and cohorts (plus natural sources of emissions, some of which, such as trees, are also exposure control devices; spraying the streets also controls particulate transport.)

And then one needs to do source allocation, prioritize among processes and species, and develop an economic, legally defensible air quality plan. And oh yes, dispense with PM2.5 equitoxicity and Integrated Exposure Response. Non-particulates from diesel and petrochemicals are probably more toxic, as are other biological pathogens.

There, I have given you the core truth of the religion of air quality.

Like all religions, priests have corrupted and obfuscated the core truths, propagating convenient lies, reciting ritualistic mumbo-jumbo, issuing fatwas and encyclicals, sprinkling holy waters of academic prestige on stinking rot.

Fake news all around.

Nikhil