[Stoves] latest Maasai Stoves and Solar model

Lange rbtvl at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 09:39:43 CDT 2018

Hello from the Maasai project

we are pretty happy with our model 4 stove.     CO and Particulates are good if the cook uses the stove carefully,    (How a woman actually cooks can't be ignored.)     fuel is consumption good and burns are eliminated except for touching the hot cooking surface.

we have 4600 of our model 3 and model 4 stoves out in homes.   And there are none abandoned.  The stove continues to be what  women want in their little unventilated houses.

But, of course, when you get to know them, you find the Maasai women really don't like their houses.    they want three room rectangular houses with, heaven forbid, wall space for furniture. and metal roofs, and maybe a couple of windows. Up-keep of thatch is a real burden and there is no place for a comfortable bed in a little round house.        so if they get better housing as they want, stove needs will change.  We wish for their sake this would happen faster than it will.   The sooner our stove is obsolete the better, but that is a long time away I am afraid.

We have designed remarkable effective and inexpensive chlorination systems and are installing them at their polluted  ponds, and breeding a new better cow.  People are ready to work for all sort of lifts from poverty and we are working to make as many of these efforts self-supporting as we can.

the stove, if you are interested is at

https://internationalcollaborative.org/our-work/stoves/

and our general website is     internationalcollaborative.org

yours

bob

Robert Lange
the ICSEE