[Stoves] Looking for Postdoc Position

Darpan Das darpandasiitb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 00:05:41 CDT 2018

Dear Stove group

Greetings!!

I am a final year Research Scholar at Centre for Environmental Science and
Engineering, IIT Bombay, India. I am expecting to finish PhD in few months
(already submitted thesis). I have worked on *experimental coal combustion
with focus on emission reduction in cookstoves* for my PhD.

During my PhD, I have worked on several aspects of clean coal technologies-
carbonisation, gasification and fuel processing (coal briquettes) from an
emission reduction perspective suitable for domestic cookstoves. My
PhD research majorly focusses on coal carbonization as a strategy to
reduce emissions from domestic cooking. I have chemically characterised
emissions generated from different thermochemical pathways - pyrolysis,
combustion and gasification . During my PhD, I have used several
sophisticated analytical instruments GCMS, TGA, TGA-MS-FTIR, py-GCMS,
TGA-GCMS, XRF and EC-OC analyser. I also have experience of working with
several models like CFD (for indoor air quality) and FG-DVC (for
determination of devolatilsed products from coal).

I would like to seek this opportunity, if any of you could help me in
finding a postdoc supervisor.
Looking forward to hear from you all.

Regards
Darpan
--
Darpan Das
PhD Student
Centre for Environmental Science and Engineering
IIT Bombay
Powai, Mumbai 400076

91 916 73 491 63