[Stoves] Trash Burner

Tony Vovers vovers1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 08:18:01 CDT 2018

Dear Stover's, looking for some measurement / testing advice.

A quite horrifying machine has arrived at local trash collection site here
in Indonesia.

Large trash burning oven,  burning at 200C with some kind of water screen
washing the exhaust.
This wash water is sold directly to our local farmers as a 'biological
pesticide' after a couple of burns.  The black bits at the bottom as
'biochar'.

I know it is not technically a 'stove'.

I am seeking advice on how and what to measure in the chimney/smoke so we
can help local community understand what is coming out. We have access to
some good labs but noone has been able to advise on sampling or collection
methods and what to test for.

I've sent some of the liquid out to the lab.
The stuff going into the oven is basically everything picked up, probably
60% organic and paper and 25-30% plastic of all varieties, some glass.

Many thanks
TonyV