[Stoves] Short Documentary on TLUD and Biochar in Bangladesh (in Bangla)

neiltm at uwclub.net neiltm at uwclub.net
Sun Oct 28 14:07:16 CDT 2018

On 26 Oct 2018 at 20:30, Julien Winter wrote:

> Hi folks;
>
> Here is a short doc on TLUDs and biochar in Bangladesh.  It is in
> Bangla,
> but I am sure we can all understand the body language for 'migrating
> pyrolytic front', 'cation exchange capacity', and 'sodium chloride'.

Some lovely stove footage.  But can someone please explain what I am
missing by not quenching char with water and subsequently drying it, over
just shoving it in an old biscuit tin and putting the lid on, then
riddling (seiving) out the ash when the tin is no longer warm, and the
char cold, which IME usually takes little more than 10 mins should I even
want to make it available that fast?  The ash restores valuable minerals
to the soil as well as the benefits of the char fines that fall through
the fine mesh I use, all ending up on our vegetable patch.

Neil Taylor