[Stoves] Short Documentary on TLUD and Biochar in Bangladesh (in Bangla)

Julien Winter winter.julien at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:53:26 CDT 2018

Neil;

There are some other reasons why they are quenching with water.  The
Project wants to encourage the people to save the char for biochar and not
use it as charcoal.   When they handle the char there will be less dust if
it is damp.  Having heard some anecdotal tales of 'spontaneous combustion'
(that may have actually been caused by incomplete quenching) of bags of
biochar in USA, I suggested that making sure that the char was hydrated
before storage was safest.  Without evidence, I speculated that wetting hot
char may help to oxidize the surfaces of graphine-like structures, creating
negative surface charges.

Cheers,
Julien.

--