[Stoves] News: The Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves is now the Clean Cooking Alliance

Nikhil Desai pienergy2008 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 20:45:57 CDT 2018

At last, the end of "clean cookstoves", whatever it meant.

Now it is looking to expand its raison d'etre for a decade more: "the
Alliance is joining with the global community to align its work with this
goal, supporting achievement of universal access to clean cooking by 2030.
"

Now the Alliance says, "The toxic emissions from these cooking fires cause
dramatic health, climate, economic, and environmental impacts, including
some four million
<https://click.everyaction.com/k/2919857/18837494/1640673630?nvep=ew0KICAiVGVuYW50VXJpIjogIm5ncHZhbjovL3Zhbi9VTkYvVU5GLzEvNjEzNzkiLA0KICAiRGlzdHJpYnV0aW9uVW5pcXVlSWQiOiAiOGE1N2FhNDQtNmRkYy1lODExLTg2MDctMjgxODc4MzkxZWZiIiwNCiAgIkVtYWlsQWRkcmVzcyI6ICJwaWVuZXJneTIwMDhAZ21haWwuY29tIg0KfQ%3D%3D&hmac=vyeMwX2KOEBsA9JRPGZQ8eQr1r71eQkkXjjMxlqNg3A=>
deaths
each year." (The link is to WHO, which began the First WHO Global
Conference on Air Pollution and Health
<http://www.who.int/airpollution/events/conference/en/> yesterday with its
new DG claiming "air pollution is the new tobacco
<https://www.newsweek.com/air-pollution-new-tobacco-affecting-90-all-children-who-warns-1191733>".
More on that later.)

Well, well, well. It seems that the deaths allegedly caused have nearly
DOUBLED since UNF contracted for GACC.

With a track record like that, shouldn't GACC be held answerable?

Oh, dear. There is no more GACC.

New lies, new careers. Why, the Global Burden of Disease 1990-2016
<https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(17)32366-8/fulltext>
report says (p. 1374) that deaths attributable to HAP *fell* from 3.3 m in
2006 to *2.6 m* in 2016.

Who can trust WHO?

The piper plays the tune he gets paid to play.  Air pollution is the new
sex trafficking.

Nikhil

Nikhil Desai
(US +1) 202 568 5831